Chef Steve's Deep Fried Cod
- Half pound Icelandic cod fillet
- Oil of your choice
- Tartar sauce
- 1.5 tbsp. Blackened Redfish Magic
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oil to 375ºF and take cod fillet out of the fridge.
- Mix together flour and Blackened Redfish Magic until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk 1 egg until well beaten. Roll fillet in flour then dip in egg. Shake off excess egg and then roll in flour a second time.
- Deep fry cod fillet in oil for 5-8 minutes depending on thickness or until golden brown. Rest on paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve with tartar sauce and enjoy!