Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
We start with Seachest brand Jumbo Lump crabmeat and add a touch of Hellman's Mayonnaise, bread crumbs, and a special blend of spices. We cram quite a lot of quality crab into this quarter pound crab cake. Cook in the oven or saute for full flavor!
BAKING: Place items on flat pan. Bake in PREHEATED 375 degree oven for 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
PAN SEARING: Press cakes down to 1 inch in thickness. Place cake in butter or olive oil for 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
*Cook time may vary depending on oven and range models. For best results, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes are ready when golden brown*
Fancy Sweet Oysters
From New Brunswick, Canada, Fancy Sweets are the smallest cage grown Carraquette oyster on the market place. Nearly four years of cultivation to reach market size, this farmed, "sweet" beauty from the ocean has a very nice durable shell ranging from 1 ¾ in to 2 ¼ inches. Super cold and highly mineralized water often gives the meat a darker color and bold ocean aroma but also contributes to its uniqueness and fresh flavor. This is a sweet ocean oyster by smell and equally sweet by after taste.
Our Prince Edward Island (PEI) rope grown blue mussels (Mytilus edulis) are some of the cleanest, most consistently sized mussels available anywhere. Each and every day, fresh product is harvested from the briny, phytoplankton rich waters surrounding PEI. The mussels are grown out in “socks” (woven nylon netting which initially holds the mussels together and later serves as an anchor for the byssal threads), and these socks hang off of a backline (long-line) in the water column, allowing the mussels to continuously feed in the ceaseless current.
- Rinse and stir mussels under cold running fresh water. Mussels naturally open and close their shells when out of water. For any mussels that do not close after rinsing, tap their shells or lightly squeeze them while running under the water again. For any mussel that still does not close, throw it away.
- Place enough liquid in an empty pot to cover the bottom.
- Turn on the element to high.
- Add the mussels to the pot and cover with the lid. Keep temperature to high.
- Cooking will take 5 to 7 minutes depending on the strength of heat, how much liquid you use, and the amount of mussels.
- When the steam is pouring out from under the lid of the pot for 15 seconds, they are done!
- Let rest 1 minute and then tip the contents into a bowl and serve with some fresh crusty bread for dipping in the wonderful broth– it's that simple!
Dry Packed Jumbo Sea Scallops
Sweet and savory dry packed Sea Scallops are an amazing addition to any meal. The term "dry packed" means that the scallops are hand shucked and packed in a cheesecloth bag with no additives or preservatives so that they maintain that amazingly sweet flavor.